Assistant Digital Operations Manager (Maternity Cover)
To educate, enable and support our business to deliver an exceptional ominchannel experience
and to support the Senior Digital Development Manager in delivering the Selfridges eCommerce proposition.
Know The Role
This role will ensure that the relationships between the ecommerce platform, the business data (product, customer & order) and the service elements are integrated and operationally efficient. A robust, stable and commercially viable website together with a seamless customer journey is the key measure of success.
- Responsible for documenting all of the Operational processes existing and new
- Responsible for ensuring all Training/How to guides are up to date
- Maintain web data integrity (inventory, price, product, images) daily checks of the website
- General web quality assurance and performance
- Provide out of hours cover and ensure continuity of service and process
- Responsible for the planning, testing and implementation of mobile/desktop and App releases and upgrades
- Point of contact on FredHopper queries and escalations
- Responsible for all Comms on planned maintenances and releases
- Manage the Customer Experience and Operations Budget. Raising POs and ensuring invoices are paid on time.
- Manage small development changes and Digital Operations board. From gathering requirements to testing including estimations for budgeting purpose.
- Manage the daily prioritisation of bugs and issues with OAS Team
- Raising and managing issues or enhancements with 3rd party support whilst building relationships and encouraging collaborations.
- Updating the order statuses using the 24 hour report on a daily basis.
- Lead and setup promotional campaigns around the year
- Provide Operational support on key campaigns around the year
- Continuously improve the Operational processes
- Run SQL queries for promotional setup
- Able to focus on Quality. Leading bug investigations, root cause analysis, and being responsible for resolution.
- Maintain and manage Store Maps process
- Customer – Operations, UX, Trading, Marketing and Production.
- IS Team
- Buying & Merchandising Team
- Finance Team
- Concession suppliers
- 3rd Party suppliers
Know What We're Looking For
- A sound knowledge of internet retail (operator or consumer)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Issue resolution management at both technical and business levels
- MS Office experience, competent Excel user
- Some exposure to data integration across distributed systems
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- An understanding of product and order life-cycle concepts in e-Fulfilment
- Understanding of the core retail principles
- Creation of reporting from multiple systems / data-sources
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and SQL
- General understanding of file transfer formats
- General understanding of web platforms
- Ability to work in a collaborative and flexible way within a diverse team, including technical and business users, internal and external suppliers
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to logically analyse complex scenarios Commitment to service, completing tasks and to meeting challenging deadlines
- A quick learner, willing to understand and apply new concepts
- A passion for the online customer journey
- A positive ‘can do’ approach to tasks and issues
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy regarding quality of own work and presentation is essential.
- Organised with ability to multi-task, prioritise, work quickly and to tight deadlines.
- Well developed interpersonal skills and able to interact at all levels for Stakeholder Management.
- Strength of character and maturity – able to stand ground when the situation demands, upholding quality processes and team standards
- Able to present reasoned arguments in support of decisions and opinions, considering commercial requirements.
- Self-starter - able to independently run and prioritise your own workload daily and be accountable for owning and delivering work to completion