Group Senior Creative Designer
The Selfridges Group team works across Selfridges Group “banner” businesses: Selfridges & Co in the UK, Brown Thomas & Arnotts in Ireland, de Bijenkorf in the Netherlands and Holt Renfrew in Canada.
As well as working with the Group Creative Director, Group Senior Creative Designer will work directly with the Deputy Chairman and other senior stakeholders across Selfridges Group to respond to their need for creative content.
The role also supports the wider Selfridges Group Support Functions team to deliver high quality creative content in line with business need. This will also include some support with graphic design and developing presentations.
Know The Role
- Deliver high quality creative content, supporting the development of a narrative around key creative projects and developing the creative collateral to support these.
- Work directly with the Deputy Chairman to bring to life her vision for various Group initiatives and projects, ensuring that the output is in line with her vision and responds to her needs.
- Support the Group Creative Director in developing a new employer brand for Selfridges Group, liaising with internal stakeholders to build a compelling brand story and launch this through the development of collateral.
- Guardian of the Selfridges Group brand, the Senior Creative Designer will evolve the Group brand and educate the Group team in its use.
- Manage a creative budget to deliver specialist creative work (e.g. videography) on an ad hoc basis
- Manage the visual presentation of the Group’s Quarterly newsletter, sourcing photographs and adapting design work to complement story content.
- Work closely with the People team to align the new Group website to the Group’s employer brand.
Know What We're Looking For
The successful candidate will be highly attuned to cultural reference points in fashion, retail, the arts and current affairs. They need to have a keen understanding of what is current and understanding of what the drivers of future trends may be.
The candidate may have come from a variety of backgrounds such as agency and branding work, digital or graphic design, editorial content, creative visualising, research and development or creative direction. They will have a grounding in technical design but a desire to develop compelling creative content in different formats.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- The ability to work autonomously and drive progress in ambiguous situations
- Experience of senior stakeholder management and excellent communication skills.
- Proven organisational ability & ability to prioritise work to tight timescales, managing expectations about deliverables.
- Methodical with excellent attention to accuracy & detail
- Graphic design skills and experience are desirable
- Proficiency in Adobe Design suite & Microsoft office tools