Service Design & Transition Lead
The job has expired.
A passionate and driven individual to manage the Service Design and Transition of new services and changes as part of a large transformation programme delivering into live operation in a controlled and risk assess manner.
The role will be working within one or more workstreams in preparing new and changing services for implementation, and for effective handover into service operation with associated service products. The role will be required to work with Project teams, Operations and multiple vendors to receive new and changing services into service operation and minimise disruption to the business.
Know The Role
- Working in an ITIL environment particularly in Service Design and Transition processes and roles, along with ITIL Service Transition lifecycle, principles, processes, functions and activities.
- Ensures early engagement with project teams, so that they understand and plan for what is required to transition Services into the live environment
- Manages the assessment of the potential impact of a new or changed service into the live service environment and the communication of the risks and issues to support teams
- Undertake Service Design activities for projects with an impact to the service organisation, support team capabilities, structures or capacity
- Facilitate workshops to define clear roles & responsibilities between Business Support and IT Support, with an outcome of people and process impact to the BAU operating model
- Apply best practice and experience to develop and tailor the service design and transition activities on per project basis
- Producing Service Models, SLAs, Warranty/ELS, Service Definition and cost models.
- Support the creation of RFP responses and quotations for the service design and transition activities and ongoing operational support.
- Develop and manage service transition plans and status updates for the activities and deliverables required
- Responsible for the co-ordination of transition activities internal technical resource, 3rd party suppliers, account team members and client stakeholders
- Develop appropriate service and support models for the level of change planned and budgeted for within agreed delivery schedule
- Provide Single Point of Contact to the project for delivering service transition activities and adhere to relevant escalation process
- Define appropriate level of Service Acceptance Criteria and maintain responsibility for ensuring criteria is met before Go Live
- Deliver Service Transition activities within time and budget constraints, meeting the required level of quality and other Key Performance Indicators
- Review the outcomes of the Service Transition Project to determine any corrective actions that could be taken to improve future delivery in terms of cost, quality and customer satisfaction
Know What We're Looking For
- Significant experience gained in an IT service management \ delivery organisation ideally within Retail industry
- Experience of project delivery in all aspects of the Transition Lifecycle Management for the introduction of new \ changing services and application development
- Experience in designing all levels of Service, from high-level flows and journeys to the fine level of detailed design for Service Components
- Experience in managing deliverables via 3rd party vendors in a high profile and/or technically innovative enterprise solution
- Practical knowledge and application of ITIL (v3) service management processes
- Ability to take ownership for complex problems and offer consultancy to deliver solutions
- Experience of working in outsourced service provision
- Customer focused with a passion and drive for customer satisfaction and delivering business value.
- Build effective relationships and results orientation
- Proven ability to make customer oriented decisions
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to all levels
- Comfortable to challenge and be challenged and manage conflict
- Good interpersonal skills that enable working relationships to be developed at all levels across the business
- Basic understanding of cost models (including business cases)
- Commercial focus and awareness
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work