Senior Service Delivery Manager
A passionate and driven individual, responsible for the delivery of high-level, customer focused services across the Selfridges IT landscape.
The role has direct line management responsibility for a team of Service Delivery Managers who cover the whole of the IT Services landscape within Selfridges.
Know The Role
- Responsible for driving the IT support and service strategy and meeting the business change agenda that forms part of the overall Selfridges strategy and routes to success
- To define and implement a service catalogue that supports the requirements of more than 1,400 users of retail and business applications across our estate.
- Pursue the continuous improvement of the service provided by the service delivery team through liaison with all IT functions and by introducing new ideas, concepts and standards from outside the business
- In addition to being a member of the Selfridges Service Delivery leadership team, to contribute to the Selfridges strategy, play an active role within the wider IT Department, supporting the continued development of the IT service strategy
- Actively manage and drive innovation and quality through robust Service Design and Transition functions, to ensure projects can be delivered into BAU seamlessly
- Lead, coach and develop direct reports in regards to their own people management skills, including developing, engaging and communicating with their teams
- Play a leading role in the Service Delivery People Plan, working with HR partner to discuss and respond to feedback from the team through opinion surveys, exit interviews and any other relevant concerns
- Create an environment that encourages positive communication and a sense of community to drive team work and collaboration across all teams.
- Manage recruitment to the team and provide all related personnel with the operating environment, knowledge management, personal development, and training and career planning they require.
- Engage with key internal business contacts and with senior management through regular service management reporting and reviews. Maintain, improve and maximise working relationships with management and colleagues
- Establish, maintain, improve and maximise working relationships with key external partners/suppliers that provide support services. Work collaboratively with these parties on joint programmes where appropriate, optimising their activities and ensuring that they are aware of and comply with established best practice.
- Add value to vendor selection processes (tendering, SLAs, warranty, outsourcing etc.).
- Able to foresee potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussion and manage escalations.
- Act on opportunities to adopt trends and new concepts.
- Manage key IT Operational Services to Business SLAs, emphasis on proactivity and risk reduction.
- Act as Manager OnCall out of hours for all business IT services.
- Develop and Maintain Service Delivery, and Service Design and Transition Standards and Principals.
- Collaborate with business teams and finance to define annual budget requirements.
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver software or professional services.
- Coach peers and other roles, teaching where required, on methodologies and programme management tools and coach/mentor on leadership.
Know What We're Looking For
- You will be a strong practitioner of Service Delivery and have managed a team of Service Delivery Managers across multiple disciplines and at differing levels.
- You will have assumed Manager Oncall responsibilities outside of Normal Business Hours, and be able to manage incidents outside of your own direct area of responsibility.
- Your expertise will be in customer experience across channels. You will have worked for a retailer with a strong digital and physical presence and you will understand what the customer experience needs to look like across channels.
- You will be able to explain & influence why the customer journey needs to be understood end-to-end, so that we can drive out the best customer experience.
- You know what it means to be the conscience of the customer and consider the customer in all of your decisions and interactions.
- You have a track record of building strong relationships across senior stakeholders and of positively influencing senior management and leadership teams
- A leader, you will balance the delivery of an extraordinary service with the development of your teams, ensuring that we live the Selfridges values
- Your retail experience will be strong, with exposure across the value chain and channels.
- You probably love the excitement and vibrancy of retail and customer interaction. You will have seen first-hand how customers are being more technology led in their decision making and also that the experience matters as much as the transaction.
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work