Project Manager - Supply Chain
The job has expired.
The Project Manager will manage all elements of the IT Project’s Governance, Delivery, communications throughout the Project lifecycle and transition to internal or external support organisations. They will be responsible for successful project delivery, directly and matrix managing a number of internal delivery resource and key software, infrastructure and business suppliers. They will liaise directly with a number of senior stakeholders. They will need to proactively manage all issues and risks in order to deliver to specific timelines and quality criteria.
Know The Role
- Experience of contributing to the selection of warehouse solutions, including Materials Handling Equipment, Warehouse Control Systems and Warehouse Management Systems
- Experience of delivering manual and automated warehouse solutions in the fashion or department store retail sector
- Initiate, plan, and deliver a range of projects based on agreed business priorities. Multiple projects may need to be managed concurrently.
- Manage third party suppliers and internal delivery resources either directly or via matrix management
- Manage project budgets, being accountable for budget commitment and accurate financial reporting
- Develop and manage a resourcing model that ensures the right mix and quantity of resources are engaged on projects throughout the lifecycle
- Ensure project objectives and requirements are adequately documented and that all project deliverables are fit for purpose
- Manage all project quality assurance processes to ensure all project deliverables are of a high quality
- Work closely with Service Delivery to ensure successful transition of projects until they achieve formal acceptance.
- Ensure all project risks and issues are identified and properly communicated and managed
- Ensure project teams operate according to defined project and delivery processes and governance
- Manage communications plan across a complex stakeholder landscape to set and manage realistic expectations and to accurately report project status
- Actively manage key senior stakeholders on all aspects of the project
- Actively contribute to the continual improvement of project delivery processes and governance
- Actively promote positive team behaviours and with both internal resources and suppliers
Know What We're Looking For
- Proven experience at managing complex, IT change projects including managing concurrent projects across application and infrastructure delivery
- Extensive experience of using a structured project management approach e.g. PMP, Prince2 or equivalent;
- Experience of running project definition workshops, managing complex scoping issues and managing multiple senior stakeholders;
- Proven ability to plan and organise large numbers of individuals and teams from multiple organisations in order to achieve objectives and targets
- Ability to identify and manage issues and risks in a structured way
- Strong previous experience of delivering complex projects in a creative and fast paced multichannel retail environment
- Experience of managing both local and offshore third party suppliers
- Experience of operating with a high level of autonomy and the ability to manage others delivery to agreed timescales
- Assimilates, evaluates, adapts and makes best use of new information;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills;
- Understanding of IT software or infrastructure, preferably in retail environments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations;
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical stakeholders;
- Customer focused with keen attention to detail;
- Strong analysis and decision-making skills;
- Personal effectiveness, confidence and resilience, with an ability to influence colleagues at peer level as well as at more senior level
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Ability to build, develop and work as part of an effective and highly skilled team comprising both internal and multiple third party suppliers;
- Ability to lead and mentor others in a constructive and collaborative manner to provide positive, motivational and developmental feedback to others;
- Fortitude and tenacity to operate successfully in a creative and fast paced retail environment
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work