Project Manager - PMO
The job has expired.
To support the Head of PMO by providing clear project planning support and direction to ensure that timescales and key deliverables are met with throughout the Masterplan life cycle.
This role is critical to the success of Masterplan projects across Selfridges and is responsible for assisting in the delivery of projects from initial brief and through to delivery making sure everything runs smoothly against the agreed plans. Working closely with the Masterplan project team, this role provides structure and direction.
Know The Role
- Support administration support to the PMO function with a focus on accuracy, chasing for updates, maintaining information and taking action in various workstream meetings & Steering meetings. Support coordination of PMO related meetings & updating of notes and actions as necessary.
- To show a clear understanding for Masterplan projects. Collate and review key project information for all Masterplan projects ensuring the right level of detail is captured for monthly exec reporting.
- Maintain action logs for numerous projects and proactively chase for updates ensuring they are obtained ahead of due dates.
- Producing/Maintaining RAID (Risks, Assumptions, Issues & Dependencies) logs on all major strategic projects where required.
- Planning and tracking – Via coordinator ensure all projects/workstreams are set up for success which will include checking they have met the set up requirements (e.g. they are appropriately resourced & planned) and that they are then tracked. This will involve assisting and advising business leads, project managers, and other teams to the best use of project management disciplines, approaches and tools.
- Progress management – Track and report on project/workstream/programme performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritised view of all workstream/projects
- Decision support – effectively highlight cross-project/workstream interdependencies, risks and issues supporting the Business Project Director and Steer Co with decision making and issue resolution
- Support preparation of materials – accountable for the preparation of necessary information/materials (to include board packs and senior stakeholder communications) for various forums and audiences to enable their effective decision-making and programme updates
- Quality control – support in maintaining the highest level of quality as the programme matures through people, processes and technology
- Document control – Maintain and continuously review processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete. This will include reviewing and updated the programme handbook and templates
- To liaise with all internal and external stakeholders throughout project lifecycle
- Monitor and review time targets and to report project progress and any issues back to the Senior Programme Manager
- Meeting governance – setting up and facilitation of coordinate meetings, workshops etc. and provide meeting support as applicable to reinforce buy-in and sponsorship
- Oversee the set up and maintenance of workspace areas on SharePoint/network drives for multiple projects and programmes.
- Analysis of information given in New Project Request Forms to ensure adequate detail was given by B&M & Property teams
- Assisting with producing the PMO report / Masterplan View on all strategic projects, ensure the format & content is continually reviewed to ensure it is of value
- Coordination and production of Masterplan and associated projects business case proposals
- Producing the weekly All Stores Masterplan presentation for the Property Director
- Manage, support and develop the Coordinator role
Know What We're Looking For
- A team player with the ability to work independently when required
- An eye for detail, reliable and well organised
- Working in a fast paced environment whilst maintaining high standards
- Comfortable leading and managing cross-functional, often complex, work streams
- Previous experience working in client facing or service led roles
- Excellent planning and scheduling skills; ability to manage and improve complex workflows and teams
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written); well-constructed emails, PowerPoint presentations, and able to clearly capture and relay information both internally and to the client
- Ability to influence internal stakeholders
- Management of multiple tasks simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understanding of deadlines
- Professional attitude and pride in quality of work
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, adaptable environment
- Personal interest and understanding of the fashion, technology or similar creative industry is desirable
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work