The job has expired.
To support the Internal Audit team in executing the Selfridges Internal Audit plan. The Junior Internal Auditor is responsible for supporting the team in timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
Know The Role
To provide a professional and objective internal audit and consultancy service to the business on the full range of assurance matters and be responsible for the execution of assigned tasks on financial and operational audits, reviews and special projects. To ensure that planning, audit execution and reporting is comprehensive, is carried out efficiently and effectively and to the required standard.
Know What We're Looking For
- Proactive and able to work independently when required
- Collaborative attitude and good team player
- Shows initiative, passion, and decisiveness, consistently producing quality results against given deadlines
- Driven to over-achieve and exceed expectations
- Ability to work under stressful situations and time pressures
- Knowledge of accounting, general business principles and internal control concepts
- Thinks customer and provides customer focused solutions
- Analytical problem solving
- Awareness of internal and external best practice information
- Is methodical – able to plan and organise with good attention to detail
- A communicator – always the key to success in this role. Professionalism, empathy, influencing, and interpersonal skills, combined with clear written / verbal communication ensures this role is eminently effective and successful
- Preferably part qualified, e.g. ACCA/ACA/CIMA or CIA
- Ideally undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance/Management
- Experience in internal auditing
- Experience of the retail sector (desirable)
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work