Business Continuity Manager
The job has expired.
- To support the Head of Loss Prevention, with the development and delivery of Selfridges BCM preparedness, including the key documentation of Business Continuity Management (BCM) Policies, Plans, Procedures and arrangements and their effectiveness
- To support the Head of Loss Prevention in activating the business response in the event of a Major Incident or Crisis that threatens business as usual
- To develop and produce BCM testing and exercising programmes for the company’s Crisis Management & Business Recovery Teams and implement them, as agreed with the Head of Loss Prevention
- To identify and progress areas for personal development
- Agree performance objectives and manage performance in line with performance management process.
Know The Role
- All UK Stores, Offices and Key Supplier’s locations
- Available 24/7
- Providing key management skills to the specialist area of BCM. Ensuring the creation, development and maintenance of policies, plans, procedures and arrangements, across the business, identifying, mitigating and reacting to a major incident or crisis
- To support the Loss Prevention purpose and vision.
- Supporting the assessment & improvement of the BCM Capability
- Maintaining and implementing an annual BCM work stream programme, monitoring and reporting all identified risks and threats, reporting all significant changes, to ensure commercial, financial and operational impacts to the business are minimised
- Ensuring the completion of all BIA’s regularly, alongside IS DR requirements, to determine business impacts and IS Applications/System restoration priorities/requirements are in line with business requirements/risks
- Selecting and recommending the most appropriate and cost effective actions essential to reduce the risks and threats
- Maximising opportunities within appropriate resources, including budgets, that provide support and guidance for the management and maintenance of the BCM programme
- Maintaining and updating effective BCM Policies, Plans, Procedures, and strategic recovery arrangements
- Designing and delivering realistic and credible exercises and tests programmes for the Plans, identifying outcomes/outputs, agreeing actions required
- Monitoring business developments and other major changes, proposing the updates and amendments to the BCM Policy, the BCM Guidelines and BCM Plans to ensure they remain fit for purpose
- Verifying and monitoring Departmental BCM capabilities, implementing Office Business Recovery locations/options/arrangements and exercises, ensuring the space needed and the means to work remotely, are both available and fit for purpose
- Supporting the BCM awareness, understanding & engagement of Senior Stakeholders in the BCM Programme
- Developing and delivering an ongoing BCM CM & BR Training Programme across the business, through Exercising, Desktop Awareness & Training Tools e.g. E-Learning
- Supporting the development of Recovery plans for key suppliers, ensuring they are owned, updated and exercised regularly
- Communicating with all relevant external partners, authorities and associations, to ensure Selfridges has up to date intelligence and knowledge of requirements, considering business implications related to BCM.
Know What We're Looking For
- Possess, strong management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Is proactive, self-motivated to work independently, getting the best out of resources available, co-ordinating multiple activities in a constantly changing environment
- Is confident, able to be professional and courteous at all times, demonstrating tact, initiative, integrity and strong decision making skills
- Able to communicate well, providing confidence to senior management of a high level of competency and industry knowledge, as well as demonstrating an ability to influence
- Able to engage with key departments, functions and partners, in order to maximise the efficiency of the company’s BCM capability and bring changes that will help minimise risk
- An in-depth and detailed knowledge of how the business operates
- BCI qualification at MBCI level
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise (SME) and advice on all matters BCM, throughout the organisation, at all levels
- Experienced and highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Role models the Selfridges values.