Selfridges is a social centre where everyone is welcome. We surprise, amaze and amuse our customers everyday by doing the unexpected, celebrating those special moments and inspiring one another. We are the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience unrivalled with products and services ranging from high street to high end.
Reporting to the Finance Manager in Financial Accounting, this role is to maintain the company’s capital accounting systems, including fixed asset register and associated business reports. Supported by the Finance Manager, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that the records are compliant for statutory reporting purposes and management information is produced accurately on a monthly basis to the business and the investment finance team. In addition this role will be the first point of contact within the business for capital accounting queries.
Know The Role
The Leicester Financial Operations structure contains 4 key areas of responsibility – namely Financial Accounting, Treasury, Payroll & HR Admin and Accounts Processing, all reporting to the Financial Controller.
This role, sitting in the Financial Accounting area, will be responsible for supporting the accurate accounting records for all capital expenditure activity, providing detailed information to support project management conversations and monthly management information on depreciation expense.
The Financial Analyst will also provide support in the completion of monthly account reconciliations, providing support to the Treasury team as required.
Following the implementation of a new finance system this role will also be integral in supporting the Finance Manager in the review and streamlining of existing business processes relating to capital accounting.
Communicating with a range of individuals across the business is important to this role; the jobholder will therefore need good inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels.
• Supporting the Finance Manager with month end reporting and analysis as well as budgeting and forecasting of specific cost lines, predominantly depreciation and asset investment expenditure
• Completion of external data returns
• Working closely with the IT teams to provide regular standing data updates to Oracle EBS finance system
• Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations on a timely basis across a broad? range of balances within Financial Accounting, Treasury and Capital
• On-going review and timely resolution of reconciling items from reconciliations
• Support for all statutory and internal audits, assisting in the preparation of supporting documentation
• Responsibility for the business’ fixed asset ledger, including capitalisations, disposals and ensuring accurate depreciation rates
• Providing support to the Finance Manager with the annual fixed asset validation
• Providing support and/or holiday cover for the Treasury Analyst as required
• Ad-hoc administrative support to Financial Accountant and Treasury Accountant
Know What We're Looking For
• Currently actively studying for CAAB accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA) – Study support is available to continue studies
• Attention to detail and ability to work to a high standard of accuracy in a time pressured environment
• Experience of working in a fast-paced, large, complex organisation
• Excellent communication skills & interpersonal skills as will be dealing with a range of individuals across the organisation
• Familiarity with reconciliation processes
• Desire to learn and develop in the role
• Highly organised, efficient and able to manage own workload
• Team player
• Proactive and inquisitive nature to understand, document and review existing processes with support of finance manager.
• Strong MS Excel skills with the ability to work with complex spreadsheets
• Experience of supporting audit
• Experience of retail environment, fixed asset accounting or treasury / cash management
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work