Junior Optimisation Analyst
The job has expired.
A Pivotal role to analyse the digital sales channels and deliver actionable insight to improve conversion rates and drive commercial decision making.
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our Digital Analytics Team to own our A/B testing program and analyse the effect of changes to the customer journey throughout our digital business. Using A/B Testing Tools and web analytics, you will drive change by providing analysis, recommendations and reporting about funnel and feature performance to drive trading and development changes to our digital channels
Know The Role
ANALYSIS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
- Own the Test & Learn Program to identify areas for testing, and promote accurate measurement in testing.
- Manage the Test & Learn Backlog and work with Business Stakeholders and Agencies to brief tests, prioritise and measure.
- Be an expert at data storytelling to ensure people can consume the wealth of valuable data we have available.
- Document, trend and monitor the site funnels to identify areas of opportunity and focus.
- Work with Digital product owners to use Analytics to show opportunity’s for development, support business cases and measure the results of development work.
- Communicate & Collaborate with the business in test creation and sharing of results
- Work with the Senior Digital Analytics Manager to build a Testing strategy to drive better data driven decision making and meet the needs of the Digital Director.
- Translating business questions and requirements in to engaging and digestible analysis. You’ll need to be able to think about data from multiple perspectives; customer, channel, operational and commercial.
- Deliver training and workshops to help stakeholders learn to self-serve or better use and understand data available.
- Work with the Senior Digital Analytics Manager to create a data-driven culture, educate stakeholders and ensure data is both accessible and engaging. You will drive and champion the use of data within the wider business.
- Work with the wider Analytics Team to ensure we’re setup for success and are able to answer the most important business questions. For example, working with the Implementation Analyst to ensure our tagging is set up correctly.
- Work with the IT development team to ensure all reporting is supported and maintained.
- Shadow other Members of The Digital Analytics team and supporting one another as required
- Digital Team – Trading, Marketing, CX, Operations
- IT Team
- Site analytics supplier
- A/B Testing Tool Supplier
- Platform provider
- User Experience Agency(s)
Know What We're Looking For
- Experience in a similar role
- Thorough, demonstrable knowledge of site analytics tools & A/B Testing Tools (Maxymiser & Coremetrics would be an advantage)
- Advanced data manipulation skills using Excel and similar tools
- Experience in analysing large datasets
- Good understanding of commercial decision making and sales driving
- Experience of working in a retail environment
- Experience in Presenting and communicating to the Business
- Understanding of Databases and SQL queries
- Understanding of HTML
- Experience in developing internal key metrics reporting and scorecards based on internal stakeholder requirements
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy regarding quality of own work and presentation is essential.
- Organised with ability to multi-task, prioritise, work quickly and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative and flexible way
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
- High level of personal energy to drive projects to completion and sustain productivity
- Ability to present structured arguments in resolution of problems in a highly creative environment.
- Solid experience in online retail analytics
- Working knowledge of sales and margin reporting process and data management tools.
- Technical experience of analytical tracking, website tagging and creating intricate funnels.
- Strategic marketing and retail ecommerce experience
- Commercially minded and experience in interpreting data into meaningful information
- Ability to consider analytics from a real customer perspective
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work