Shoot Lead (Digital Operator)
The role of the shoot lead is to take ownership of the digital operation in a fast paced, rapidly growing e-commerce studio.
Reporting into the Art Director, you will be responsible for supporting and helping drive the creative style that is unique to Selfridges. You will be responsible for ensuring that the daily targets are achieved in what is a rapidly growing area within the luxury online retail experience.It is imperative that you live and work by the Selfridges values, which encourages team members to share and collaborate ideas, inspiring one another whilst maintaining the up most respect for each other.
Know The Role
- To take ownership of the digital operation of your set.
- To be responsible for all file management, this includes creating the day’s sessions, accessing the day’s shoot list, file naming, ensuring all product is shot as well as backing up asset for the day.
- To create contact sheets when required.
- To support the Photographer and Art Director on set to select, crop, tag and process the best imagery.
- Must also have a high level of understanding of luxury brands.
- Should be able to prioritise work in accordance of level of importance.
- To have a good understanding of the Selfridges digital voice.
Know What We're Looking For
- At least two years’ experience working as a Digital Operator.
- To have extensive knowledge of Canon cameras and are competent with the following software packages Phase One - Capture One Pro 11, Adobe acrobat, Adobe Photoshop CC and Microsoft Office. You must also be both MAC and PC proficient.
- It important to be well versed with both strobe and continuous lighting in a studio environment.
- Ability to diagnose and fix technical issues on set.
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work