The job has expired.
A seasoned project manager with plenty of creative flair, you’ll lead and develop a programme of exclusive, market leading brand events set to surprise, amaze and amuse throughout the year. Working with teams across the business to keep everyone up to speed with multiple, large scale projects, negotiating with suppliers to get the best deals and keeping a close eye on the budget every step of the way. In addition you will be a key connector in Manchester city centre bringing
thought leadership partners and creative collaborations to Selfridges Exchange Square for our customers
Know The Role
To curate a full programme of extraordinary high profile events with full 360 communications plans working with Customer marketing, local PR agency and industry partners
- Curate and deliver event programmes to support our creative schemes & product launches in
- Develop a strong event strategy for Selfridges Exchange and support the team in curating and delivering the events in-store, and ensure the commercial goals in Manchester are reflected in the strategy.
- Create a clear communication strategy to drive attendance and sales to our events year on year ensuring all key stakeholders are aligned on the objectives
- Curate a clear customer contact strategy for all events / promotions utilising your relationship with the Customer Marketing team and regional PR agency
- Utilising your strong leadership skills to develop and mentor brands to evolve their event proposals to ensure they reflect the Selfridges vision and are market leading
- Develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of creative disciplines including audio, lighting, print design and production
- Providing production and technical expertise on all new proposals and supporting the junior team and sharing knowledge
- Host large steering meetings for large scale projects and communicate effectively across the business with all project stake-holders, customer, communications, creative, buying, finance and legal
- Ensure that all financial and legal paperwork is properly drawn up and processed and works across the event programmes
- Ensure regular team regroups to ensure focus is maintained on the project and the team are geared up to deliver scope of project with specific set time-frames
- Manage and plan work streams for junior members of the team with regards tasks on your project
- High level Project Management
- Experience leading a team within a creative orientated event agency at Producer level
- Strong organisational skills, being able to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Creative flair and a commitment to quality programming
- Possess strong financial acumen
- Exceptionally good networker and people manager
- Highly effective negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation, pitching skills
- Possess effective leadership and mentoring skills
- Has the ability to work under pressure calmly and effectively, and to tight deadlines
- Current knowledge of the relevant legislation, regulations, and associated procedures, including, data protection, public liability and how to comply with regulatory requirements for licenses
- Strong knowledge of the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation and procedures
- Manage and run a programme of events and special projects that surprise, amaze and amuse our customers.
- Budget management and reconciliation
- Communication of projects, preparing marketing one pagers and post event reports.
- Communicate effectively across the business.
- Develop and maintain a robust network of strong working relationships across the business and externally including partners and suppliers.
- Work on own initiative
- Project management experience
- Follow Events process, critical path and allocated budget.
- Ensure Health and Safety is always considered in every Event.
- Red flags any potential issues.
Know What We're Looking For
- Ability to network, develop internal / external contacts and excellent working relationships across a diverse range of functions.
- Work in a fast pace environment
- Deliver to deadlines
- Able to influence and gain the trust and respect of people at all levels in a variety of functions
- Able to communicate clearly.
- Confident, determined and resilient.
- Able to work quickly and accurately
- Able to think on feet / be reactive
- Lateral thinking
- Strong administration skills
- Good at multi-tasking
- Strong operational skills
- Used to taking initiative
About The Company
Since Harry Gordon Selfridge first opened the doors of Selfridges Oxford Street, London in 1909, Selfridges has been dedicated to surprising, amusing and amazing its customers with astounding moments of retail theatre. Having won The Best Department Store in The World title three times (2010, 2012 and 2014) along with World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store in 2016, Selfridges is renowned as being the premier destination for a truly extraordinary customer experience, whether you’re shopping online or in store.