Mid-weight Stylist , Menswear
The job has expired.
Selfridges is a social centre where everyone is welcome. We surprise, amaze and amuse our customers everyday by doing the unexpected, celebrating those special moments and inspiring one another. We are the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience unrivalled with products and services ranging from high street to high end.
The Mid-weight Stylist will interpret and implement the Selfridges creative vision, through the styling of Digital Photoshoots whilst understanding and maintaining best practices to achieve very high standards of styling and imagery and to maintain agreed efficiencies.
Know The Role
Based in our Photostudio, above our Oxford Street store, you’ll provide your menswear styling expertise for the benefit of our online customers who expect extraordinary service and exceptionally high standards whether shopping in store with us or online. As one of our online Styling team, you’ll help our customers gain both more insight into menswear trends and also to make their online purchases with confidence.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide a wide variety of styling techniques across Menswear, including but not limited to, tailoring technical knowledge.
- Maintain and share excellent brand and competitor knowledge across Menswear, ranging from High Street to Super Brands, and everything in between.
- Flexible to work across Womenswear when required.
- Draw inspiration from a variety of fashion media to influence styling ideas, helping the Selfridges website remain fresh and forward thinking.
- To maintain understanding of Menswear trends and utilise this knowledge on a daily basis to execute intelligent and informed looks.
- Maintain trustworthy relationships with the wider business to ensure brands are represented correctly for optimum customer experience.
- Ensure excellent knowledge of the Selfridges Menswear Style Guides in order to maintain visual quality and consistency across all website imagery.
- Work with the Stylist Assistants to ensure all product is prepped for the shoot within the agreed timelines.
- To maintain efficiencies in the studios and ensure Senior Stylists and Styling Management receives scheduled updates on what is happening in the studios.
- Responsible for briefing freelancers on the daily Best Practices for the Stylist role, ensuring consistency of processes and imagery as well as output of each studio.
- Continually work with peers to implement styling changes that can be made within the studio, improving the images and shoot efficiencies.
- Work alongside Casting Agent and Styling Manager during model castings, selecting relevant models for appropriate brands.
- Able to troubleshoot, show initiative through a back catalogue of Menswear fashion knowledge, and have the confidence to make decisions where necessary.
- Have the ability to direct models and work alongside Photographer to select imagery.
- Maintain a tidy and workable set, ensuring at the end of the day it is clear of all products and ready for the following days shoot.
- Making sure products are handled with care throughout the entire studio process and in line with Stock on Loan.
- Mentor Assistant Stylists and encourage their development across all Menswear categories.
- Work efficiently and develop cross departmental relationships.
Know What We're Looking For
Your passion and confidence will set you apart. While consulting with the Online Styling Team you’ll take real pride in delivering a professional service. As well as having the ability to work well as part of a team, you’ll be willing to embrace opportunities to build your skills further.
- 2/3 years styling experience in Menswear
- Good communication skills and able to give and take direction
- Very strong creative visual focus
- Strong fashion, brand and competitor knowledge
- Luxury Ecommerce experience is desirable
- Tailoring knowledge and technical capability is essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills, with a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude
- Manual handling
- Good time management within a busy and pressured environment
- Takes initiative
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Flexibility and strong ‘all-rounder’ qualities preferable.
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work