Senior Marketing Manager
The job has expired.
To create and deliver innovative marketing programmes that build the Selfridges brand image and make Selfridges the shopping destination for international and domestic customers, across online and all stores.
Know The Role
Using customer insight, develop highly effective annual non-category related Marketing Plans that deliver against all the key marketing metrics. Use all elements of the marketing mix –advertising, CRM, digital, in-store marketing - to drive footfall in store, traffic online, increase ATV and retention.
- Establish and drive the marketing calendar in close cooperation with the Head of Marketing and aligned with the customer marketing team.
- Deliver a business case for an automated process, including technology and implementation.
- Develop the annual marketing brand plan based on both consumer insights & business need. This includes the effective allocation and management of the non-category related marketing budget.
- Drive the planning process in cooperation with all key stakeholders such as retail operations, Creative, Buying & Merchandise.
- This role will oversee the budget, planning and execution of all brand marketing activity targeting
- Develop a global brand strategy that builds the brand with UK and international customers, including: a clear branding strategy and proposition for both domestic and international.
- Develop non-category related marketing plans (paid and owned media) for all Calendar Projects, including: Sale, Designer Preview, Christmas Comes Early, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter and Mother’s Day.
- Manage and share brand development insights. Further build on the existing brand metric in close cooperation with the CRM and Insights team.
- Review competitive marketing activity on a regular basis and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Work closely with the category marketing (fashion, beauty & lifestyle) leads and their teams to leverage overall opportunities.
- Deliver a customer life cycle program in cooperation with the CRM team to maximise revenue per customer, including strategy, business case, technology and implementation.
- Generate a brand revenue proposition that maximises income for Selfridges and drives the brand partners' business.
- Lead, develop and influence high performing project teams.
- Create, implement and oversee the periodic campaign reporting and analysis to improve the success, drive constant improvements and insight of brand marketing initiatives.
Know What We're Looking For
- University Degree
- Excellent project management experience
- Experience of working in a matrix driven organisation
- Solid previous experience in brand and digital marketing at a senior level
- A breadth of experience across all marketing disciplines including Advertising, Digital and CRM channels
- Responsibility for creating and executing a marketing plan
- Leading a team to deliver marketing objectives
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management
- Competent in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proven analytical skills
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Strategic thinker
- Good leader
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to challenge the status quo in order to drive improvement
- Ability to manage a heavy workload, often switching across a variety of work streams and audiences
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work