Senior Casting Manager
The job has expired.
Know The Role
Based in our Bird Street offices you’ll provide a unique and tailored service in Casting to customers both internally and externally, going beyond the ordinary to create moments that cannot be experienced elsewhere. Our customers expect extraordinary service delivered by people with a genuine passion for what they do and to share their unparalleled level of knowledge whilst taking enormous pride in maintaining our exceptionally high standards.
Working in the Creative team you’ll share your knowledge through unique Selfridges stories.
Key areas of responsibility for this role includes:
- Develop a distinct and cohesive casting direction for the Selfridges brand.
- Collaborate with other heads of function within Digital Fashion to maintain smooth operations of casting process from concept to execution of shoots.
- Partner with the Styling and Art Direction teams in developing the Line Up every season to support the trend boards.
- Ensure that the business has access to the strongest talent while maintaining cost efficiency.
- Develop strategic alliances with model agencies and broker exclusivity and preferential rates where applicable.
- Handle the annual budget for model casting and supervise the wider casting team in raising purchasing orders and invoices.
- Respect and safeguard the codes of the fashion brands while ensuring that they sit back to the key Selfridges customer sensibilities.
- Strike a balance between editorial vision and commerciality.
- Engage with the Creative Brief set by the Art Directors for specific shoots as part of wider Fashion Direction.
- Provide strong leadership support and mentor the wider casting team
Know What We're Looking For
Your passion and confidence will set you apart. While consulting with the wider business you’ll take real pride in delivering a personalised and professional service. Bringing your personality to the service experience you will always look to genuinely connect with your customers while thinking creatively to bring your ideas to life. As well as having the ability to work well as part of a team, you’ll be willing to embrace opportunities to build your skills in order to offer quality and reassurance to all of our internal and external customers.
Key competencies include:
- At least 5 years of experience casting for designer brand editorials and/or runway shows.
- Previous experience working with established casting agencies preferred.
- Plenty of on-set experience working with leading fashion photographers and stylists.
- A distinct point of view in body of work.
- Calm disposition and an effective problem solver.
- Ability to develop original concepts but also equally flexible in building on existing ideas.
- Adaptable and is able to respond to a wider Fashion Direction.
- A positive attitude and a good team player.
- Must be able to execute several projects at once in a timely and efficient manner.
- BA Fashion, BA Fine Art, studio apprenticeship or equivalent.
About The Company
Since opening its doors in 1909, Selfridges has continued to be the premier destination for a truly extraordinary customer experience. The spirit of innovation and creativity imagined by Harry Gordon Selfridge still lives on through its owners today. Having launched Project Ocean in 2000, we continue to lead the way when it comes to sustainability and truly believe “there are no hard times for good ideas”.
Since 2003, W. Galen Weston and his family have owned and operated the business, which now includes two stores in Manchester, one in Birmingham, selfridges.com and the Selfridges App which both deliver to over 130 countries in 8 currencies.