Customer Fulfilment Team Manager
The job has expired.
Selfridges is a social centre where everyone is welcome. We surprise, amaze and amuse our customers everyday by doing the unexpected, celebrating those special moments and inspiring one another. We are the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience unrivalled with products and services ranging from high street to high end.
This role will drive in leading the Online Fulfilment team to deliver extraordinary customer experience and high service standards whilst delivering all key department metrics and KPIs. To be accountable and responsible for all areas of department, online fulfilment associates, agency team members, productivity, budget and efficiency.
Underpinning this is the ability to role model and promote the company values, to lead the team to live them and exceed expectations.
Know The Role
Based in our Oxford Street Store you’ll provide a unique and tailored service in our Online Fulfilment team to customers internally and externally, going beyond the ordinary to create memorable interactions and deliver. Our customers expect extraordinary service delivered by people with a genuine passion for what they do and to share their unparalleled level of knowledge whilst taking enormous pride in maintaining our exceptionally high standards.
Working in Online Fulfilment you’ll share your knowledge through unique Selfridges stories,
Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Accountable for owning and delivering department objectives including compliances, reducing costs and driving productivity.
- Demonstrate cost understanding and impacts
- Ability to plan, organise and deliver against volume forecast.
- Flexible Management style and can do attitude to approach daily tasks and project initiatives.
- Manage absence, performance and conduct of all colleagues through and alongside the Team Leaders.
- Ensure health and safety and compliance policies are delivered and adhered to.
- Build effective teams and relationships companywide ensuring cross functional working where possible and relevant.
- Manage all disciplinary and grievance issues in line with HR policy and company values.
Using your passion for what you do, you’ll work confidently with the wider business to deliver exceptional service. You will use your natural curiosity to stay ahead of the latest trends by taking every opportunity to expand your knowledge
As a people manager you will be accountable for all aspects of the department, by managing and leading your team confidently to deliver an extraordinary customer experience. Underpinning this is the ability to promote the company values, to lead the team to live them and exceed individual and departmental indicators
This is a thrilling opportunity and when you consider all of the exciting new projects we have coming up this year, this role will take you on a journey. Developing relationships and driving commercial focus in your team, you’ll be confident in setting the direction required to enable great performance.
Know What We're Looking For
Your passion and confidence will set you apart and while consulting with the wider team you’ll take real pride in delivering a personalised and professional service. You’ll have genuine passion for retail inside and out with a natural curiosity to discover and explore more about our online store to share with others. Bringing your personality to the service experience you will always look to genuinely connect with your customers while thinking creatively to bring your ideas to life. As well as having the ability to work well as part of a team, you’ll be willing to embrace opportunities to build your skills in order to offer quality.
- Deliver an extraordinary experience for all customers
- Make, tell and share stories to lead and inspire the team to be engaged in delivering extraordinary experiences.
- Delivering an extraordinary customer experience whilst achieving budget KPI’s.
- Implement plans to develop business opportunities.
- Drive online opportunities, constantly seeking to improve productivity, managing all costs within budget, minimising abandonments and addressing poor performance with managers and team members when needed
- Own and drive OTIF to ensure customer journey is exceptional and communications around customer journey impacts are well managed, clear and understood.
- Drive NPS score by continuously monitoring quality standards motivating the team to exceed these standards, taking proactive action to address any issues
- Deliver against the strategy, giving full consideration to both short and medium term opportunities
- Managing and leading our people through Performance Management and other available tools and processes
- Demonstrate an ability to lead, inspire, motivate and coach a highly skilled expert management team while driving company initiatives to achieve business goals
- Develop good performers through stretching personal development plans, identifying proactive plans to manage under performers
- Plan team resourcing needs proactively and work with stakeholders across the business to meet your people goals by retaining top talent and recruiting new talent for the future
- Build professional lasting relationships at all levels, developing a working as one environment across the department, with and within peer group
- Prioritise managers and peers but will also step back and consider business needs before needs of own area
- Motivate and develop Online Fulfilment Leaders and Associates to sustain high performing teams, taking action when appropriate
- Actively look to the future and develop the team for succession across the business
- Inspire creativity and innovation within the team in order to deliver business goals
- Communicate with confidence that positively impacts at all levels delivering clear and consistent messages that are in line with overall business communication
- Deliver an extraordinary place of work which is demonstrated through the functions EOS score.
- Offer and show respect in the environment within the store and operation.
- Follow health and safety procedures and security procedures
- Ensure compliance audits are carried out and expectations are delivered, taking reasonable action to improve where necessary.
- Managing rotas to ensure departments are staffed to required levels
- Create and maintain a high performing extraordinary environment appropriate for the area of business
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work