Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of Marketing to take Marketing at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
The Marketing Manager will play a leading role in delivering annual category marketing strategy, with key focus upon marketing planning, stakeholder collaboration and management, driving annual marketing revenue targets.
As a Marketing Manager, you will:
- Set a flexible and validated annual marketing calendar, designed to be customer-centric, support annual business objectives, and strategically planned for Selfridges’ categories whilst ensuring alignment with broader Selfridges messaging
- Drive the annual marketing calendar: Consistently validate annual marketing calendar and marketing strategy for each campaign, continuously demonstrating understanding of our customer and identifying clear customer acquisition and retention tactics, alongside increased frequency of visit and purchase
- Role-model close partnership with CRM, Digital Analytics, and Insights team to provide validated data foundation to our marketing briefs and a clear customer targeting strategy; advocate for clear, rationalised, and measurable objectives and KPIs
- Demonstrate expertise across marketing mix – able to plan and execute campaign using an integrated combination
- Oversee reporting and analysis of campaign performance vs. KPIs. Guide the team and our agencies on interrogating, and constructively challenging, performance of our campaign - both in-flight to improve performance as well as post-facto, ensuring learnings can refine future planning
- Lead ongoing alignment on our marketing calendar across key functions/business partners (internal and external), including: B&M; CRM; Digital Trade; Editorial; Insights; Media Agency; Performance Marketing; Press; and Sustainability
- Facilitate a 'bottom-up' approach across sustainability planning, ensuring relevant messaging is integrated through all our marketing deliveries
- Provide leadership, motivation and guidance in the day-to-day activities and outputs of the wider marketing team, ensuring timely completion of deadlines and quality-coached outputs. Drive these behaviours in collaboration with the Marketing Project Management Team
- Continually research, review and share, changes to the market/business landscape, consumer trends and the activities of competitors, (including any compelling marketing activity); adjusting and developing our marketing plans as necessary
- Steer the building of strategic relationships and partnerships across our brand partner portfolio
- Provide motivation and guidance in driving mutual accountability for successful delivery of FY Marketing Revenue Targets via a customer-centric lens
A bit about you
- Strong, proven marketing experience and expertise – particularly across luxury/premium landscapes
- Experienced in digital marketing, with a strong knowledge of media landscape overall for premium customer segments
- Keen commercial awareness and critical thinker with excellent numerical and analytical skills: Proficient in Excel with ability to synthesise large amounts of data and information into concise recommendations and actions
- Experienced in working across broad cross-functional stakeholder groups to turn strategy into actionable marketing plans
- Resilient, naturally pragmatic and resourceful solutions-based work style with a ‘can do’ attitude and strong focus upon delivery: Able to plan, lead, manage and adapt multiple projects at the same time on deadlines, as well as confident and comfortable in making quick decisions
- Able to meet targets and take responsibility for own performance: Experienced in measuring delivery of marketing plans against customer KPIs
- A natural leader. Coaching team members to drive performance & enable change as well as supporting development
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development