This job has been closed.
A bit about the role
As the Head Concierge of Selfridges you will lead the Selfridges Concierge team in providing an elevated and cohesive concierge service that seeks to resolve each and every request - from the simple to the extraordinary – with the same passion and attention to detail that Selfridges is known for across the world. You’ll take pride in what you do and really care about providing an exceptional customer experience..
As a Head Concierge you will:
- Manage the concierge team, plan for the smooth operation of the desk and ensure that all requests are handled in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Motivate the team to exceed sales targets by developing skills in product knowledge, cross category selling, after sales service and awareness of other services within Selfridges
- Personify the best elements of the role and through leadership and direction to set the standards expected of the Selfridges Concierge Desk
- Manage and lead your team giving regular feedback and coaching. Recognising both talent and development areas, you will create unique plans to progress your team using the tools available
- Identify customer needs and consistently meet these expectations, delivering an extraordinary experience for all customers
- Take ownership of client requests and ensuring that they are followed through to successful completion in a timely manner
- Share expert knowledge and passion of all areas within Selfridges to our customers
A bit about you
- A great communicator. You will be able to positively engage with all types of customers (domestic and international) with varying needs and requirements
- Well Informed. You can capably answer questions about the entire store, provide restaurant recommendations, local activities and/or attractions, and can provide an appropriate choice of options as well as brief descriptions. You should exhibit local expertise by providing thorough detail and first-hand knowledge and when appropriate, can effectively provide directions and transportation options
- A leader. Motivating and inspiring your team to deliver exceptional service and meet sales targets. You understand the importance of leading by example and provide coaching to drive performance and change
- Adaptable. Prioritising is one of your skills and you know how to keep you team calm and focused in times of change
- Proactive. Planning for the weeks, months and season ahead from floor cover, events, stock and many more, you truly own your business area and take responsibility for ensuring its success
- A problem solver. You’ll go above and beyond to resolve issues for our customers by ascertaining their preferences with a genuine sense of interest and concern for the customer and demonstrating an anticipatory service when appropriate and helpful
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development