Senior Property Project Manager
The job has expired.
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of Project Management to take our Property division at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
This is a critical role in developing the Selfridges brand and environment in that it assists in the delivery of projects that are true to the brief and deliver against agreed plans while taking a key role in leading the wider project team. Although extensive project management skills are critical for this job, the team member must also have strong stakeholder management and team management skills capable of managing PMs and working with all internal and external customers. The role liaises with people from all areas and levels of the business as well as external service providers and is the primary point of contact for all capital, brand churn and construction projects. As a Senior Property Project manager, you will be responsible for:
- Manage a portfolio of complex projects that span one or multiple business divisions, location and stores
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to completion for a number of large and medium projects simultaneously. Particular focus on preparation of project strategies and development of robust budgets.
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall project delivery is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of other projects and strategic objectives
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plans for all phases of the project
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, risks, issues and contingency plans, communicating across all levels of the business
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, supplier selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
- Assist in dispute resolution and negotiation if required
- Effectively manage costs through the application of formal financial controls with full cost accountability.
- Ensure project compliance with requirements of legislation and/or external authorities
- Ensure internal design approvals and financial sanctions are obtained at appropriate stages
- Encourage design innovation and creativity with a key focus on sustainability
- Develop creative solutions to drive cost effectiveness across projects
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors and key stakeholders
- Develop and follow internal audit procedures for the management of projects
- Provide management and leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, delivering their responsibilities, project milestones and objectives.
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to develop these capabilities for the business
- Support with the management of the day-to-day activities and resources of the team
- Monitor staff performance and complete performance reviews
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts and address team performance
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team
- Support in the effective management of team resources and appropriate use of Consultant resources
- Monitor delivery of the teams roles and responsibilities
- Execute the communication plan for all projects
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally at all levels
- Seek feedback and respond constructively to criticism
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and external parties
Maintain the security, health and safety of the working environment
- Minimise risks to health and safety of colleagues in the office and on site
- Ensure self and team are fully conversant with fire strategies and emergency procedures
- Ensure compliance with CDM Regulation on all projects
- Ensure contractual compliance for all projects
Business Goals and Brand Values
- Encourage and promote an understanding of the Selfridges brand values within Selfridges as well as amongst external consultants and contractors
- Promote Selfridges business goals in relation to project activities
A bit about you
- Advanced project management skills in medium and large sized projects in a luxury retail environment
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple divisions of the business
- Strong experience presenting to executive sponsors and demonstrated communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Ability to build and maintain relationships by influencing business leaders by establishing credibility, solving problems, building consensus and achieving objectives
- Understanding of retail operations and passion for brand development
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Drive to research best practices within and outside the business to establish benchmark data and strive for continuous process improvement to deliver results
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development