Personal Assistant - Creative
This job has been closed.
A bit about the role
A Personal Assistant is a high-profile role in which you will be responsible for providing key administrative support to the Selfridges Creative department to ensure efficient and effective workflow in the department. You will build, maintain and ensure the widespread use of efficient systems of working within a fast paced and often challenging environment and support the Creative Director, Directors of and Heads of with diary management and administration.
As Personal Assistant you will:
-Effectively manage the diary for the Creative Director, Directors of and Heads of (Senior Creative Team) scheduling appointments and meetings
-Ensure the Senior Creative Team are equipped with the necessary information and resources to meet their obligations
-Act as the gatekeeper for the Senior Creative Team in terms of access to them
-Compile travel itineraries and arrange travel and accommodation requirements
-Understand the responsibilities of the Senior Creative Team by regularly monitoring their mailboxes and responding to relevant requests on their behalf
-Oversee the smooth running of the Senior Creative Team’s offices, which includes but is not limited to being a point of contact for all key stakeholders, sorting and actioning incoming and outgoing office mail, and handling ad hoc queries from all areas of the business.
-Ordering consumables in line with budget allowances and ensuring no shortages occur
-Provide shorthand or speed note taking as required
-Produce typed work that is consistent in its standard and accuracy together with the ability to collate and produce visual/PowerPoint presentations
-Action the Senior Creative Team’s expenses through correct process to ensure speedy payment
-Work with IS support to resolve any IT issues efficiently when required
-Collate, gather and summarise relevant information and data to support on key projects when necessary
- Your assistance may also be required for ad-hoc off-sites, events and visits from VIP guests
- Organise and maintain common tools and processes
- Ensure the department working processes are documented and followed up
- Involvement and support with ad hoc projects and initiatives
A bit about you
- As an experienced and forward-thinking PA, you will have a background working in a fast-paced demanding environment, ideally in the retail industry. You will have experience managing diaries and travel bookings for multiple people at a time, specifically at senior level.
- Technical. You will be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- You will have an excellent track record of building and maintaining strong working relationships. Your interpersonal skills will ensure you have the ability to communicate with individuals across all levels of the business, especially at the senior level. You will also possess excellent writing skills in order to communicate effectively via email and produce high quality correspondence
- Focused and systematic, you will have the ability to manage and prioritise multiple demands. You will effectively manage your time between completing any ad hoc requests and fulfilling your normal day-to-day responsibilities. Your excellent attention-to-detail and organisational capability will ensure you respond to The Senior Creative Team’s requests accurately and efficiently.
- Your high level of resilience and ability to remain calm under pressure will enable you to deal with ambiguity as well as work effectively within certain constraints and timelines. You will operate proactively and be able to anticipate relevant issues before they arise. Your flexibility will also allow you to be responsive in situations that may change unexpectedly.
- You will be professional and discrete in your use and management of highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Resilient and resourceful with a strong ‘can do’ attitude and strong focus on delivery
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development