Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your electrical engineering skills? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer with the passion and motivation to contribute to innovative, industry-leading projects. The Electrical Engineer will collaborate with a variety of colleagues across Project Teams from Engineering and Product Development to Implementation and Manufacturing. In addition to being a team player, our ideal candidate is a self-motivated problem solver who finds pragmatic solutions to highly technical challenges.
As an Electrical Engineer you will:
- Have clear understanding of Selfridges electrical systems through the maintenance and testing of components
- Research and design components for electrical equipment and systems for use in commercial, retail industries
- Deliver the maintenance and installation of electrical and emergency lighting equipment, components, and systems
- Inspect and observe facilities to evaluate the efficacy and quality of electrical systems, lighting components and products
- Devise testing methods and properties to confirm the functionality of electrical and emergency lighting components and systems
- Develop electrical and emergency lighting products and systems to meet Selfridges specifications
- Research and test manufacturing and maintenance processes; develop innovative ways to improve or modify current methods
- Conduct research to collect and analyze data to create reports about ongoing maintenance
- Communicate electrical and emergency lighting engineering information across teams and departments to facilitate successful completion of planned preventative maintenance
- Troubleshoot to solve unforeseen problems with product design or implementation
- Maintain detailed database to catalog products and component parts
- Expand professional and technical knowledge of leading-edge developments in electrical engineering through participation in professional organizations, networking events, and educational workshops
- Review industry publications to maintain a current perspective on the electrical and lighting engineering field
- Deliver a shift night and day service to provide lighting and emergency lighting maintenance to Selfridges London buildings.
- Complete allocated work efficiently to the highest standard/Current Regs including
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Perform minor electrical repairs as necessary
- Implement preventative maintenance measures
- Maintain inventory of repair equipment and supplies
- Complete inspections of buildings with Facilities Managers
- Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocol
- Perform other maintenance duties as requested
You may be required to work weekends, which you'll be notified well in advance. The working hours are from 6am-2pm.
A bit about you
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar field
- Previous work experience in electrical engineering or related position
- Experience with PAT Testing
- Follow NICEIC compliance Regulations
- Experience with Electrical Fault Diagnosis
- Experience in new Electrical Lighting Installations
- Ability to write clearly about highly technical subject matter
- Thorough understanding of electronic systems and component materials
- Capacity to analyze a problem from multiple perspectives and explore creative solutions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail with a desire for excellence
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development