Brand Specialist Confectionary, 12 month maternity cover
A bit about the role
As a Brand Specialist, you will be the subject matter expert and true ambassador for your own business area. Fully knowledgeable and understanding of your Brand’s story and heritage, it is your job, to grow business, and in doing so to deliver the best service that only Selfridges can offer, and maintain the highest of retail standards in your space. Share your knowledge with your team, to raise the profile of your brand and drive sales.
As a Brand Specialist you will:
- Deliver exceptional service to our customers by sharing product knowledge, creating a memorable experience and effectively managing complaints when they arise
- Excite and motivate other colleagues in your department, by sharing your knowledge of your brand, communicating stories of newness, product exclusives and other info to help drive sales to deliver product knowledge, cascading this information via training
- Understand the need to take responsibility for tasks that may go beyond the role expectation, spot opportunities to improve business, customer service and retail standards
- Understand and follow health and safety procedures and security procedures, and play an active role in preventing stock loss
- Adapt to the challenges that vary from day to day. A flexible role, you may be required to work on different departments, taking your service excellence and collaborative spirit with you
- Build and develop your own client base. Using your exceptional service skills to nurture customer relationships, that you will maintain through your unique personal service
A bit about you
- All over the numbers. You will be set sales, CRM, and NPS targets…to name a few. So even if you haven’t had much first hand exposure to this data, you will have the curiosity and appetite to learn more
- A great communicator. Passionate about our products as well, this combination will mean you can deliver inspiring brand training to your team
- Well informed. You will make it your business to know what our competitors are up to
- Known to be a sales and service expert
- Collaborative. Your brand partner or contact within our own team will rely on you to keep them informed, whether successes, challenges or customer feedback
- Approachable. You will be a leader in your department and will be invested in your wider team and on hand for requests, be they queries, coaching support
- A proud shopkeeper. It will fall to you to replenish stock, maintain the Selfridges standards and inspire others to deliver the same
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development