Buyers Admin - Food and Hampers
The job has expired.
Our Food and Hampers department is growing and we’re looking for a Buyers Admin that has a passion for anything food related. You will play a huge role in bringing new food products to our current selection both in store and online. If you’re an ultimate foodie, this is a great start to a career in buying and merchandising, for a sector you may not have thought of before.
This role will provide a challenge and gives you the chance to be creative, using your knowledge of food and gifting trends to take our Food and Hampers Team at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
What is the role?
As Buyers Admin you will provide administrative support to the Buying teams.
You will create SKU’s and load orders onto the system, deal with and resolve queries and liaise closely with suppliers.
As Buyers Admin you will:
- Be the first point of contact with suppliers and the warehouse for booking in deliveries, making changes to delivery schedules and order amendments·
- Upload the buyers worksheet and create SKUs in Retek, highlighting areas where Buyers worksheet is incomplete and work with Buyer to improve
- Load orders onto the system correctly as soon as possible after they are received
- Set up and monitor the delivery schedule, checking delivery windows and schedules and highlight problems to Buying team
- Check order confirmation with suppliers, chasing and checking confirmation notes
- Resolve DC queries – for example mismatched delivery note (aim to avoid stock sitting in the DC)
- Update and maintain database with relevant terms e.g. trade/settlement discounts
- Set up accounts for new suppliers
- Keep our In Stock Not Online (ISNOS) to a minimum, flagging areas that are incomplete
A bit about you
- Organised and proactive. You are able to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- A problem solver. You are able to apply different ways of thinking in different situations
- A great communicator, both verbal and written. You excel in the relationships you build with stakeholders, able to work across various teams
- A proactive team member. You collaborate with the wider Buying and Merchandising teams
- Pacey, positive and flexible. Responsive to business needs, you are happy and comfortable to take responsibility for your tasks
- All over the numbers. You are analytical and results driven, able to use data to measure performance and identify areas of improvement
- Systems literate. You are proficient in excel, and other Microsoft Office software, with high levels of accuracy
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development