PPC Assistant Marketing Manager
A bit about the role
- Support in managing all aspects of Selfridges’ Paid Search activity to deliver mROAS and new customer acquisition growth targets across Domestic and International markets.
- Work closely with agency partners on BAU running and optimisation of paid search campaigns and shaping overall PPC strategies to help maximise commercial performance.
- Manage the day-to-day agency relationship and BAU tasks by consistently owning all comms with partner agencies (f2f, phone, email)
- Co-ordinating meetings, creating concise agendas & action-led minutes with clear next steps.
- Own end to end reporting, managing agency partners for timely delivery and data accuracy.
- Work closely with agency to deliver in depth reporting analysis and insight to relevant stakeholders, highlighting the story behind actual and forecasted performance.
- Own and manage the paid search ad copy & sitelink creation and sign off process.
- Work closely with the Trade team on commercial opportunities & communicating trade focus to agencies for relevant support.
- Own and manage brand bidding restrictions across text ads and Shopping campaigns by working closely with trade on brand stipulations to ensure all restrictions are up to date & adhered to.
- Lead and co-ordinate feedback on Period reviews & campaign wash ups for key seasonal moments and events.
- Support in growing the Selfridges paid search strategy by identifying opportunities and assist the implementation of a test and learn programme that will improve account strategy.
- Support PPC Manager in raising POs and managing finance related queries on media budget.
- Assist in leveraging feed management agency resource to maintain sales growth in Shopping activity and escalating any feed related issues internally.
- We are looking for an experienced digital marketer with a strong focus on PPC (2+ years) who can bring fresh ideas, industry best practices and innovation to elevate Selfridges’ Paid Search marketing activity.
- The ideal person will be prepared to push boundaries to deliver success, lead on taking initiative and consistently do more than what is required.
- Develop the cross-functional team through regularly initiating, optimising and reporting on test and learn initiatives to grow volume and profit.
- This role works directly alongside the PPC Marketing Manager, channel leads for affiliates and SEO, together with the performance marketing trading and strategy lead, whilst collaborates with the wider marketing, digital and customer insight departments, therefore inter-departmental communication across company stakeholders is essential and the right candidate must have a broad knowledge of performance marketing, including paid social, programmatic, affiliates, SEO, email and conversion.
A bit about you
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of Performance Marketing channels, specifically PPC, Shopping and Programmatic & Paid Social
- Hands-on PPC campaign and budget management experience (either agency or client-side), ideally gained from a high-growth, multi-channel retail business in the premium/luxury sector.
- Effective written communication, presentation, analytical, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills with advanced proficiency in Excel
- Thrive on ownership and accountability, with a proven track record of acting on your own initiative to deliver change
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and information into concise recommendations and actions for the company.
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines and manage multiple projects across multiple stakeholders
- Have meticulous attention to detail with a proven track record of delivering trading results in a fast-paced online business
- Experience working with multiple digital tracking, reporting and attribution solutions to evaluate and optimise campaigns against core KPIs
- Google Ads Certified and Bing Ads qualified
- Advanced level website analytics – preferably GAIQ (Google Analytics Individual Qualification)
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development