Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get technical and use your knowledge of the business to take Search & Browse to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As Quality Engineer you will be joining a team of talented developers that have a strong focus on the customer experience.
You will get a chance to apply your knowledge and skills in shaping the rebuild of the company website. Working in an Agile environment that will enable the project to provide extraordinary experiences for our customers.
You will have a strong Quality Assurance background and significant exposure to defining and implementing best practice around QA in a Shift Left environment.
The QE will work across multiple delivery teams and will be expected to help and guide the teams with all aspects of quality assurance encouraging the team to take joint responsibility for quality and helping to define the Definition of Done from a team perspective.
The tester will work with the delivery team participating in all estimation and planning sessions, defining and creating acceptance test criteria.
You will have a keen interest in all aspects of exploratory, accessibility and usability testing and will be able to demonstrate this through attendance of conferences, courses and following test blogs and forums and be confident in advising on best testing practices.
Above all the candidate should be a self-starter, be prepared to implement good Shift Left QA working practices on a team, have strong interpersonal skills, be energetic, disciplined and keen to contribute to a fun, learning environment.
As Quality Engineer you will:
- Working alongside the Customer Experience Engineering team, help define and implement the Shift Left QA approach.
- Coach the Engineering team to ensure the strategy is understood and correctly implemented.
- The QE will work across multiple delivery teams and will be expected to help and guide the teams with all aspects of quality assurance encouraging the team to take joint responsibility for quality and helping to define the Definition of Done from a team perspective.
- The tester will work with the delivery team participating in all estimation and planning sessions, defining and creating acceptance test criteria.
- Working with developers to identify automation test cases (Unit/Integration/UI)
A bit about you
- Strong experience of working on delivery teams using Scrum or Kanban as well as XP engineering techniques.
- Solid understanding of the Testing Pyramid and its implementation in a Shift Left team.
- Proven experience of integration testing both in the small (on single applications) and in the large (cross project)
- Experience of api testing using SOAPUI, Postman etc.
- Have strong Exploratory context driven testing skills, including experience of exploratory test tools and session based management techniques
- Ability to provide manual and automated test assurance to ensure projects are complying with the Engineering approach.