A bit about the role
Assisting with the VM presentation of your area. You’ll also assist with product presentation and the setting and agreeing of standards and benchmarks against competitors. Proactively involved in implementing themed installations within your departments, working within a close knit cross-functional team that is able to ‘Own It & Deliver’. You’ll work with the rest of the Visual Merchandising team and the Retail Operations team to build on their understanding of merchandising standards and maintenance.
- You’ll also work closely with key contacts in Buying & Merchandising and Retail Operations to agree brand adjacency and product layouts in order to maximise sales potential, supported by the Senior Visual Merchandiser.
- You’ll regularly perform comparative ‘shops’ of new and inspirational places to maintain an understanding and awareness of competition, direction and key brands.
- You will be a good representative of the Visual department.
- Consider both the internal and external customer in all activities, including department layout, merchandising and presentation.
- Maintain all vinyl signage and branding; including ordering, installation and delivering consistent standards.
- Perform floor walks each morning to check and maintain basic recovery standards and make sure that actions are carried out prior to store opening.
- Assist and support the Senior Visual Merchandiser and your line manager in communicating standards and guidelines.
- Ensure your area is organised so it runs effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate good standards in the Visual studio and storage areas and with fixtures and tool kits.
- Comply with our Health & Safety standards, policies and procedures and ‘Show & Earn Respect’ to your tools, equipment and environment.
- You must also work to our company policies and procedures, e.g. absences, time, attendance and holidays, etc.
A bit about you
- Creative/Art background would be an advantage
- Retail Operations experience
- Good planning and organising skills
- Creative understanding and the ability to translate this into practical solutions
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills
- A ‘Pacey & Positive’ working attitude and the ability to inspire it in those around you