The job has expired.
Selfridges is a social centre where everyone is welcome. We surprise, amaze and amuse our customers everyday by doing the unexpected, celebrating those special moments and inspiring one another. We are the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience unrivalled with products and services ranging from high street to high end.
To help support and be responsible for executing the Selfridges Internal Audit plan. The Internal Auditor is responsible for the timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
The Internal auditor will carry out research and reviews and make any necessary recommendations to mitigate against identified risks.
To provide a professional and objective internal audit and consultancy service to the business on the full range of assurance matters and be responsible for the execution of financial and operational audits, reviews and special projects. To ensure that planning, audit execution and reporting is comprehensive, is carried out efficiently and effectively and to the required standard.
Facilitation of the Risk Management process, including taking ownership for updating the risk maps and risk registers following stakeholder meeting.
To identify opportunities and make recommendations that will provide value in the form of operational efficiencies, cost reduction and risk mitigation.
Know The Role
Based in our Wigmore Street offices you’ll provide a unique and tailored service in Audit to customers internally, going beyond the ordinary to create moments that cannot be experienced elsewhere. Our customers expect extraordinary service delivered by people with a genuine passion for what they do and to share their unparalleled level of knowledge whilst taking enormous pride in maintaining our exceptionally high standards.
Working in Audit you’ll share your knowledge through unique Selfridges stories and by supporting the team in identifying the enterprise wide assurance environment and evaluating related risk, promoting best practice in Internal Control, being responsible and accountable for internal audit and risk management. You will use your natural curiosity to stay ahead of the latest industry trends by taking every opportunity to expand your knowledge.
Know What We're Looking For
Your passion and confidence will set you apart. While consulting with the audit department you’ll take real pride in delivering a personalised and professional service. Bringing your personality to the service experience you will always look to genuinely connect with your customers while thinking creatively to bring your ideas to life. As well as having the ability to work well as part of a team, you’ll be willing to embrace opportunities to build your skills in order to offer quality and reassurance to all of our internal and external customers
Keys Skills for this role
- Proactive and a self starter – this role requires considerable ability to work on your own with the Selfridges team.
- Shows initiative, passion, and decisiveness, consistently producing quality results against given deadlines
- Driven to over-achieve and exceed expectations
- Ability to work under stressful situations and time pressures
- Knowledge of accounting, general business principles and internal control concepts
- Significant experience in inventory shrink / stock loss in a retail environment
- Ability to earn credibility with senior management
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of retail best practices
- Thinks customer and provides customer focused solutions
- Analytical problem solving
- Awareness of internal and external best practice information
- Knowledge of the organization and information systems
- Is methodical – able to plan and organize with good attention to detail
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- A communicator – always the key to success in this role. Professionalism, empathy, influencing, and interpersonal skills, combined with clear written / verbal communication ensures this role is eminently effective and successful
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Part/newly Qualified, e.g. ACCA/ACA/CIMA or CIA
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance/Management
- Experience in internal auditing is essential
- Experience of the retail sector is very beneficial
About The Company
Selfridges is a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
The story began when Harry Gordon Selfridge first arrived in London from Chicago in 1906 with his heart set on opening his dream store. With his revolutionary understanding of publicity and the theatre of retail, Selfridges Oxford Street opened its doors for the first time in 1909. The founder’s spirit of innovation and creativity lives on through its owners today. Since 2003, W. Galen Weston and his family have owned and operated the business, which now includes two stores in Manchester, one in Birmingham, plus selfridges.com and the Selfridges App which both deliver to over 130 countries.
In 2016 Selfridges was the first ever store to be awarded the title of ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. For an unprecedented three consecutive occasions in a row (2010, 2012 & 2014) Selfridges also won the coveted ‘Best Department Store in the World’ award, underlining its place at the forefront of retail.