Assistant Retouching Manager
This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a new Assistant Retouching Manager role that gives you the opportunity to look after and support an incredibly talented team within Selfridges Photo studio? Do you want the chance to take ownership of maintaining the standard of retouching across all of Selfridges product and creative imagery? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Retouching as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is yes then youre just the kind of person were looking for!
A bit about the role
As our new Assistant Retouching Manager, youll be responsible for supporting and developing the team, as well as making sure things are ticking along nicely when it comes to production workflow. As part of this, you will:
- Look after and act as the guardian for all retouching of imagery that has been completed by our in-house team ensuring it is all up to the highest standard for our customers.
- Support the Retouching Manager with department resourcing and budget as well as act a key player in the evolution of the team from a learning and development perspective.
- Develop and support your own direct reports and coach new starters during their early days and months in the photo studio.
- Own and maintain the style/retouch guides.
- Manage priorities for the team and ensure that everything is completed on time and to standard.
Youll be reporting into the Retouching Manager as well as managing a team of Retouchers as part of your role. Youll be making sure theyre meeting their performance objectives, whilst mentoring, supporting and facilitating their career progression where you can.
A bit about you
- Youll be a fantastic communicator who is articulate in your delivery, so youll know what it takes to get things done!
- Youll take pride in being a role model to junior team members and youll always be a friendly face to answer questions when they arise.
- Youll be a natural leader with bags of empathy and a high level of social and emotional intelligence.
- Youll be a strong influencer who will be able to coach and motivate a team of retouchers to achieve their full potential. As you can probably tell, youll need previous management experience to hit the ground running in this role.
- Youll be the collaborative type who works well with a variety of different departments. Striking up good working relationships and rapport will be a breeze for you.
- Youll be calm and collected yet work effectively under pressure.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a creative team who are incredibly passionate about what they do. If youre looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you. It doesnt just stop in the Photo studio either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, Theres no fun like work!
A bit about us
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the worlds most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the Worlds Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work